Saturday 19 May 2018

Hirosaki Park and Castle, Japan

I studied Japanese for 2 years in high school.
I loved it.
For 35 yrs I have been promising myself I would go to Japan & see the things I’ve only ever dreamt about & experience their amazing culture first hand.
I’m finally living the dream!

Part of the dream was to join in the cherry blossom fever that sweeps Japan every spring.
We thought our timing may have been off as the blossoms bloomed early this year.
But on the northern tip of Honshu we found the last of the blossoms.
Hirosaki Park and Castle is near the port town of Aomori.
It was a long train trek from Tokyo, but worth every mile.

Hirosaki Park has over 2500 cherry trees. The park consists of blossom-covered ponds (yes, we hired a boat for an hour to row through the petals), red bridges, tunnels of trees, a three-storey castle keep and night-time illuminations.

Thousands of people joined us in wandering around the cherry trees, enjoying picnics underneath them and taking many, many photos. The blossoms were outstanding & thanks to a lazy breeze, I regularly experienced blossom bathing as the petals fluttered all around us.
It was magic!


















This post is part of Saturday Snapshot.

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous!! From the buildings, bridges, and on to the cherry blossoms, you have captured me. Thanks for sharing, and here are MY SATURDAY SNAPSHOTS

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful adventure and beautiful photos! I hope you'll share more pictures from your trip to Japan in future blog posts.
    My Saturday Snapshot asks ”What’s in a Name?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Brona, those are stunning! Lucky you to get to go.

    ReplyDelete

I know that blogger comments can be a pain, but I do love to hear from you. Please log onto a google account to make it as easy as possible.

All spam & anonymous comments will be deleted and comment moderation is in place for most posts.